The District 1 Community Policing/Weed and Seed Team have a mission to reduce crime, create safer neighborhoods, and improve the quality of life for residents. We achieve this by establishing collaborative partnerships with community stakeholders as well as other law enforcement and government agencies.
The District 1 Community Policing/Weed and Seed Team continue to be actively engaged in the community through various projects and community programs.
For further information regarding programs, and/or to join any of them, please call: (808) 529-3695
Happy Holidays From The District 1 Community Policing Team !
Holiday Shopping Tips:
- Don't leave purchased items visible in the car. Try to hide them or leave them in the trunk.
- When shopping in the evening try to park your vehicle in a well lit area. Also try to shop with a partner rather than alone.
- Make sure that you don't leave purses, wallets and other personal belongings unattended while shopping.
- Consider shoping with a debit card/ credit card rather than cash because if you lose your card it can be cancelled on the spot. If you were to lose cash it cannot be replaced.
- Try to have your keys ready before you get to your car so you don't have to search for them while standing near your vehicle.
- Be aware of your surroundings and report any suspicious people or activity to Police by calling 911 Immediately!
- Do everything possible to minimize the possibility of becoming a victim of a crime or accidental loss.
- Lastly have fun and be safe.
Home Safety Tips While Away For The Holidays:
- Make sure to keep an inventory of Serial Numbers on items such as televisions, stereos, and computers, etc. Should your items get stolen from your home they may be identified later if found.
- Consider investing in light timers so that you can set them to turn the lights and television on and off in logical sense to give the appearance that someone is home.
- Make sure all stoves and ovens are off prior to leaving.
- Be sure to lock all doors and windows prior to leaving your residence for the trip and be sure to activate the alarm system if your residence has one.
- Find a trusted neighbor, friend or family member to watch your residence in your absence.
- Lastly contact the Honolulu Police Department to request for a House Check (Extra patrols of your residence while you are out of town). For District 1 call 723-3327. Some restrictions may apply.