HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Reporting a crime off-island

Q. I'm not on the island, but what do I do if I wanted to report a crime that happened on Oahu?

A. If you are not currently on the island and you want to make a police report about an incident that happened on Oahu, you can contact the law enforcement agency in your present location to initiate a report. Make sure you receive the report number and name from the officer making the report.

Depending on the severity of the incident reported, the agency may contact the Honolulu Police Department for assistance. There may be times where the law enforcement agency in your present location cannot assist you, if this happens you can contact the HPD directly by calling the substation the incident happened at, or report the incident upon your return. The numbers are listed on our website:

Have a question? Email us:

Or visit our web site and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+

Ask HPD will also air on KHON2 News morning show, Wake Up 2Day.