HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Obtaining a Copy of a Police Report

Q: "How can I get a copy of my police report?"

A: Requests for police reports or letters of verification must be made in person at the Records and Identification Division at the HPD main station located at 801 South Beretania Steet.

A complainant, victim, or witness in a criminal report may obtain a letter of verification confirming that a police report has been filed. The report itself will not be releasable as long as the case is pending. After a case has been closed, a redacted copy of the report is releasable to anyone who requests it.

Motor vehicle collision reports are available from the Records Division seven days following an accident. Drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and other involved parties may obtain copies.

All requestors must present a valid photo ID. If you are requesting a report for another person, a notarized letter of authorization is required. A small fee will be charged for the report copies.

Have a question? Email us:

Or visit our web site and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+

Ask HPD will also air on KHON2 News morning show, Wake Up 2Day.