HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Flow of Traffic

Question: If cars on the freeway are traveling faster than the speed limit, am I supposed to keep up with the flow of traffic? Can I be cited for speeding?

Answer: It is important to follow traffic signs on all roadways. Drivers can be cited for traveling at a speed greater than the maximum speed limit. They can also be cited for traveling a speed less than the minimum speed limit. The driver may have to pay a fine or appear in court.

View HRS 291C-102

View ROH Sec. 15-7.2 Speed limit zones

Have a question? Email us:

Or visit our website and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+

Ask HPD will also air on the KHON2 News morning show, Wake Up 2Day.