HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Home Alarm Registration

Question: Does my home alarm have to be registered with HPD?

Answer: Yes, home and business burglary-type alarms must be registered. Currently, the alarm registration and tracking is handled by the Public Safety Corporation - or PSC. It's a private vendor contracted by the City and County of Honolulu. PSC is the developer of CryWolf, an alarm tracking and billing system that is also used by many mainland cities. For more information, visit You can also call the Honolulu False Alarm Reduction Program (toll free) at 1 (855) 725-7109.

Have a question? Email us:

Or visit our website and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+

Ask HPD will also air on the KHON2 News morning show, Wake Up 2Day.