HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Nullifying a Firearms Registration

Question: How can I nullify a firearms registration?

Answer: A gun owner may sell or transfer ownership to a licensed firearms dealer or to a private citizen who has a valid permit to acquire the firearm. They may also turn in their gun for destruction to the Honolulu Police Department. Although registration of a firearm can be transferred, there is currently no process to un-register a firearm.

Have a question? Email us:

Or visit our website and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+

Ask HPD will also air on the KHON2 News morning show, Wake Up 2Day.