HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Citations

Question: I received a citation from an officer, but I don't agree with it. Can I talk to someone from the police department and have them void the ticket?

Answer: Once a citation is issued, an officer cannot void the ticket. If you received a citation, you have several options: Admit to the violation and pay the citation by mail, in person, online, or by phone. You can also contest the citation in court or by written statement. The third option is to admit to the allegation, but explain the circumstances in court or by written statement. Keep in mind, you must respond to the citation within 21 days from the date the citation was issued. This information is also provided on the back of the citation.

Have a question? Email us:

Or visit our website and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+

Ask HPD will also air on the KHON2 News morning show, Wake Up 2Day.