HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Speed Limit in Neighborhoods

Question: How can I request the police to enforce the speed limit on a particular road in my neighborhood?

Answer: If speeding is a problem in your neighborhood, you may contact your district police station for assistance. If there is an emergency and you need immediate assistance, call 9-1-1. To find contact information for your district police station, visit our website at and click on the "Department" tab at the top of the page. Then click on "Patrol Districts" located on the right. There, you'll find contact numbers for the various district stations. It's important for the public to report this type of dangerous activity. Officers cannot be everywhere and rely on the public to be the eyes and the ears in our community. The Honolulu Police Department encourages all drivers to use caution and drive with aloha when getting behind the wheel. For more information on traffic safety, visit our website or check out our traffic safety videos on our YouTube page.

Have a question? Email us:

Or visit our website and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+

Ask HPD will also air on the KHON2 News morning show, Wake Up 2Day.