HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Request a House Check

Question: How do I request an officer to check on my home? – Christy
Answer: Residents who want a house check can call 911 as a non-emergency to make a request. House checks are always conducted by on-duty uniformed officers under certain conditions:
• The resident must be away from home for a minimum of five consecutive days.
• A home can be checked for a maximum of 30 days.
• The home must be unoccupied during the entire house check period.
• Open or indefinite return dates are not accepted.
• Only single family homes are checked. No stores, construction sites, apartments, condominiums, or townhouses. Houses that are for sale or rent or being fumigated will not be checked.
Don’t forget, if you have a question; send an email to
Or visit our website and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+