HPD Latest News

Generic Story Image

Ask HPD: Disposing a Vehicle

Question: I want to get rid of my older car. How do I go about it?

Answer: On Oahu, the city’s Department of Customer Services provides free vehicle removal services under certain circumstances. The process involves completing an affidavit and taking the necessary paperwork to the nearest satellite city hall. For more information, including parking requirements, vehicle owners should go to the Customer Service webpage on the city’s website at Any car that is turned in cannot be registered or titled in the future.

Web version: .

Have a question? Email us:

Or visit our website and social media pages:

Visit our website
Send us a message on Facebook
Send us a message on Twitter
Check out our video on YouTube
Message us on Google+

Ask HPD will also air on the KHON2 News morning show, Wake Up 2Day.